Who We Are
What We Believe
The Contemporary Music Team - 9.15 a.m. service
Worship is a journey. Worship is transformation: it changes us. We need to worship.
The contemporary music team (under the leadership of Jono Hamer-Wilson) serves the 9:15 congregation by leading the musical part of worship during the service. Our repertoire comprises a variety of songs: from classic hymns to popular choruses to worship songs written by members of our own congregation.
Our band is made up of a variety of people playing various instruments. The core group currently consists of: keyboard, rhythm guitar, bass guitar, percussion, violin, flute and vocals. We’ve also included clarinets, accordion and even a washboard! It’s a great opportunity to worship God, get to know each other, grow together as a team and try some new things.
The Audio-Visual Team plays a hugely significant role, and we are incredibly grateful for them and their faithful service.
We are also deeply appreciative of the encouragement and grace extended to us by the 9:15 congregation. It’s a joy and privilege to serve them in this way.
Everyone is welcome to rehearse with us. Contact Mark Segstro (our music team co-leader) for our current time and location.
“Worship is the full expression of the relational response of redeemed creatures to the saving work of God in Christ in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.” -- Jono Hamer-Wilson
The Choir - 11.00 a.m. Service
St. Alban’s Choir is a small group of dedicated singers who assist in worship every Sunday at the 11 o’clock service. We lead the congregation in the singing of hymns, and perform rehearsed anthems and communion hymns, accompanied by the organ. We meet on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. to rehearse.
The choir sings a wide range of choral music. We participate regularly in the Sandy Hill Community Choir Festival. We sang at a worship service for the delegates at the R.C.C.O. Organ Festival d’Orgue in 2003.
The Warren and Son Co. of Toronto built the church’s first pipe organ in 1882, using a water-powered blower instead of the traditional manual pump. In 1892, the church was electrified and the water-powered motor was replaced by a blast furnace blower adapted to the organ by a local foundry. The painter display pipes in the chancel, which are original, are made of wood on the north wall, flat with straight sides, and of metal on the south side, showing a circular profile with tapering ends. The carved wooden cases for the pipes are made of chestnut. The organ was rebuilt by Casavant Freres in 1937, and an electro-pneumatic action was installed.
© 2004 St. Alban's Anglican Church